Topics

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SCOPE UPDATE

Sorry we are so late in posting tonight. Rachel finally got her procedures done around 12 p.m. today. (We were originally scheduled for 10:45 a.m. but they were really behind.) It took around 2 hours. Then she was in the recovery room for 1/2 hour and back up to her room around 2:30 p.m. The doctor showed us some pictures of her esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon. They said from a visual standpoint, everything looked pretty normal and healthy! Hooray! However, the pathology reports from the biopsies they took won't be back until tomorrow, so we can't breathe too easy just yet. She hasn't felt too great after the scopes, but they said that they pump you full of lots of air, and that you have to walk a lot to get rid of that discomfort.

On the bright side, about 25 members of the Latter-day Celebration choir from the Institute at UVU (including her brother Adam) dropped by tonight down in the main lobby and sang Christmas and other uplifting songs. Since they were encouraging Rachel to walk, they let her put on her mask and take the back elevators down to the lobby to hear them sing! It was just the medicine we both needed! It was fun to share the experience with Crystal, the mom of our cute friend Skyler who is also battling leukemia and has been in intensive care for a long time. Our good friend, Lori McBride, also was there with us! Lori works here at PCMC and pops in frequently to say hi! So we are heading to bed with good music swirling in our heads and praying hard that we get good news tomorrow!

--Marie

5 comments:

  1. That choir is awesome (I speak from experience - thanks Marie!) Glad you had some nice Christmas tunes tonight. I'm sure it was better than being at the MV girls basketball game... :( I hope you get good news tomorrow. Maybe the pills will go down easier now that you've shown you can swallow a camera!? We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for calling me to come down. That choir was amazing, and it was just what I needed to lift my spirits. Thank you. It was so good to finally meet you guys too! I will be praying for good news tomorrow. Have a great night!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!" "Joy to the World, the Lord has Come!" "Away in a Manger.." Gosh, I wish I was there singing to you! I watched some favorite Christmas movies the other day and you're right, it is great medicine! Hang in there, girl. I hope at least the limited channels you have are showing seasonal sappy shows! We are praying that you get fantastic news today; news that will give you answers and a plan to feel better. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying so hard for you guys. I wish I could have been there to hear the choir singing. Is it ridiculous to say that we miss being there with you?! I really do. We love your family so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck you guys! All of our love!

    ReplyDelete