Topics

Thursday, July 15, 2010

FAVORITE THINGS...

We've all been enjoying almost a week at home after almost 4 weeks at Primary Children's Hospital.  During this time, we've realized some of our favorite things (that we've missed!)

Favorite electronic device:  DVR!   How did we ever live without it???

Rachel's favorite snack this week:  PICKLES!!!

Rachel's favorite answer when asked "What would you like to eat?"  I'm really not hungry!
(Although she did decide that sausage and waffles sounded good for lunch today.)

Rachel's response when we had her cousin and aunt come "hang out" while Frost & I went to a family reunion in Salt Lake:  "Mom, I don't need a babysitter!"

Rachel's favorite past time this week:  Riding her bike up and down our street in the evenings!

We are all enjoying sleeping in our own beds, eating produce out of the garden, and just being home!
Rachel's counts are coming up nicely!  We will be heading back to the hospital on Tuesday, July 20th, for her 2nd round of chemo.  Frost and I have gotten to be pretty decent "nurses" as we give her IV antibiotics, flush her lines, change her central line dressing etc.  (However, I know Rachel still prefers all her nurses at ICS!  And we don't blame her!)

Thanks to all of our family and friends who continue to lend support and love!

--Marie

6 comments:

  1. McKell Lucile SteeleJuly 16, 2010 at 10:51 AM

    Rachel Lucile,

    I promise I wasn't just babysitting you. It was so fun to hang out with you and me mum. Pizza, doughnuts, and Miss Congeniality...what could get better than that?! haha We need to do it more often. At least I didn't have to change your diaper;)

    Love,

    Your babysitter---McKell Lucile

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so I never said I didn't need a babysitter. I just called you guys babysitters as a joke. My mom makes me sound a little grumpy haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Rachel you are adorable!
    I am so glad you have been able to get outside and enjoy a bike ride!
    Your numbers and up!
    Pickles are good!! Thanks for being an amazing example!
    So glad you are enjoying the time at home!
    I love ya, you are in my prayers daily!
    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! So glad you got to come home for a while. Enjoy your FOOD!!!

    You're in our prayers ALWAYS.

    Love ya!!

    Tandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,
    We are so glad you are home and numbers are up.
    That night air and a bike ride...you are incredible!
    We love you and are always praying for you.
    The Sniderbunch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! Great update! Home is always best! Love you!

    ReplyDelete