Topics

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Halls of ICS


So I had my sister bring up my razor scooter. I figured that if the little kids can ride their wagons and bikes in the halls, i should be able to ride My scooter. When I explained my logic to the nurses, they agreed, on the condition that I ride around at night, when the halls are less crowded. I am technically not allowed to leave my room because my counts are so low, so I have to wear a mask, and can't leave my unit. So I put my hat on, and my mask, and then Emily talked me into wearing an incredibles eye mask, so my face was completely covered. And yes, I later went back for my cape with a lightning bolt on it. As i was cruising through the halls one of the nurses even pimped my ride by putting pink tape with purple hearts on the handle bars. So this has what I have been up to lately. Today I rode the exercise bike for 30 minutes, and did other exercises. Let's just say I have a lot of time on my hands.
Well, I am off to go on another scooter ride before they hook me back up to my iv. Thanks for reading,

-Rachel

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there to see it for myself! You're awesome! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    You are the most awesome person I know!! Please take video of this and post it for us to see. We miss you and need to come see you soon -- shelby had the flu last week after USU camp, so maybe she can make it up this week. Love ya
    TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!! I could totally picture your adventure in my mind... I imagine next you'll be racing all the cute wagon riders down the hall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need a picture for sure.

    I have only one Incredible line to repeat

    "that was totally wicked."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun! I am sure that you keep all of the nurses in the unit entertained! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori Steele RasmussenAugust 6, 2010 at 10:40 AM

    I'm with everyone else on the pictures or video! I don't know how you have any energy to do the things you do, so you really are a superhero! A superhero or a lucha libre fighter? Either way. Love you lots!
    -Lori
    (p.s. I'm putting your name in the Redlands temple tonight . . . how many different temples does that make for you? I know it's at least 4? I think it would be cool if somebody kept a list or something)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter what life is more fun when you are around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is totally AWESOME! :)
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, you rock! I definitely want to see a picture of that...mask, cape and all! Keep up the adventures, I'm sure it keeps everyone smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you put photos up- I was just about to inquire about that. :)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete