Topics

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Packing on the Poundage

Today at clinic, we found out that I had gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks! Those calorie drinks seem to be working. Not only that, but I got my line out!! I am now tubeless. It's great. Within a few days I will be able to shower for the first time in a year. Today is a good day :)

It finally seems like I will be able to take my mind off of cancer every now and then. Also, this weekend my team qualified for nationals again! I was able to go and watch them and it was a lot of fun. It is so nice to have things going well, I am loving that I am out of the hospital for the warm weather. Thank you all for your prayers and support, I couldn't have made it this far without you.

Rachel

8 comments:

  1. You should buy a ton of nice shower gels and loofahs and everything! This is a shower to celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you all day. We're so happy everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! You certainly deserve a nice, long hot shower! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Rachel - we're glad the big day finally came. So excited you finally got your line out - that has to feel great! And gaining five pounds - that's good news too. It wouldn't be for me, but for you, that's awesome. In fact, I would still be willing to donate about twenty pounds to you if we could figure out how to do it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee for showers!! And weight gain!! And warm weather when you're not in your sanctum! So can you swim (kinda) on Friday?? You look fantastic and your progress is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally thought about you today! I'm so glad it all went well. You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOORAY for being tubeless! You are amazing. Good Work on the weight gain as well. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an extremely awesome woman Rachel. Thank you for what you teach me.

    ReplyDelete